Monday, December 10, 2007

Singapore....good for a stopover...but not much else...

First....apologies...to those that live in and love Singapore...

My brother and I were bored...granted we have been to Singapore so many times over the years (first trip in 1978) that we really have seen Singapore and so we struggled to find anything to do over our three days...admittedly we did eat and drink well...mostly at Raffles - but venturing out to a few new places which were excellent.


We admired the Christmas decorations at Raffles...



waited for ages to get the famous corridor free of people!



We went to the zoo....



and played with the meerkats!



We went to the Fullerton for afternoon tea....



and played with the models.....(well my brother did...I didnt!)



Laughed at the shop names....and the variety of padding available....





Tried to work out the family make up allowed by Singpore taxis...

Option 1: Mummy or Daddy with the four kids.
Option 2: The ideal Singapore or Hong Kong family as decreed by both governments...Mummy, Daddy (ideally both university graduates) and three kids to continue the population growth.
Option 3: Mummy, Daddy, Amah and two kids...or Mummy, lesbian lover and sperm donor, with two kids
Option 4: The breeding has got out of control and the kids travel en masse alone.



Laughed at the shop names (as one does, when one has had a few too many cocktails at lunch time!)

as opposed to.....Fook Off

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Sunday champagne brunch at the Fullerton, one of my top 5, mainly because of the desserts.
Hmmm its been too long since I was last in SIN.

5:47 pm  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

Man I am bumming out just reading this post. I have not been to Singapore in over a year...I miss the place so much!

Plus all of my job hunting to find a job there so far has been useless. Sigh................

7:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home