Sunday, August 05, 2007

believe me....I'm busy...

It's non stop at work at the moment...my present task is interviewing...in the last three days I've interviewed about 100 people... and believe me, at the end of a day doing that it's really hard to look interested and happy to see the final candidate....and listen to them whilst looking as if you are listening!

There have been a few moments of humour....normally after the candidate has left... and normally from their application form...two that stand out...

1. Where it says 'birthplace' on the form, one candidate had written 'Hospital'
2 Where it asks 'have you ever been in hospital?', one candidate had written 'Yes, I visited my friend there last week'

In my particular line of business it seems that the junior staff really move around...a lot....!!! 6 months maximum in one job...it seems that the lure of a few Baht more is better than a stable career....one guy I'd seen was 23 and had already had more jobs than I have had...!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those answers, especially the first one! Brilliant.

9:33 pm  
Blogger Dom Cimafranca said...

What? No "Sex? Yes, please..."

Been quiet on this part of the blogosphere -- I hope Bangkok's treating you well.

6:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At times, when I see 'Sex:' on a form, I write - "Of course I love it and have it a lot. Preferably with matured women."

Seriously, I have written such things two or three times. But only in forms that were unnecessary in the first place, and I was forced to fill them.

Ciao!

9:56 am  
Blogger fionski said...

Greetings from the Philippines. I find your interviewees answers amusing. I can just imagine you thinking if you should laugh or cry at the answer. Hahaha!

5:54 pm  
Blogger Spike said...

almost 2 months since this last blog post. guess you must be very busy indeed ...

2:42 pm  
Blogger Indiana said...

I trust all is well and you are in fact still alive?

12:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am getting worried.

8:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you really have us worried.

Do post and let us know (even if a one-liner).

Ciao!

3:55 pm  
Blogger dr magsasaka said...

Maybe she got married to Island Boy?

3:37 pm  
Blogger Mia said...

Just heard from Mdm C last night - she is alive - just!

7:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home