Monday, July 02, 2007

here...and settled....vaguely!

I must say...it all went according to clockwork!

Arrived in BKK, quarantine was a doddle, customs with a cat...no problem...picked up one of the 'authorised' limos into town, the apartment agent was waiting with the keys....after an hour or chiang Kai-Shek and I were unpacked and I was ready to start stocking the house...CKS in the meantime curled up on the bed and proceeded to sleep for about three days.

A few thoughts so far...

Tescos is good...but Carrefour...now that is amazing!!!

The Skytrain is wonderful, as are the taxis!

My colleagues are very friendly and welcoming...only the first day, but compared to some places I've worked on the first day you already know who's going to be a challenge!

The laundry downstairs in my condo block is great...washing, ironing...delivery..

Chiang Kai-shek has taken the loss of Chairman Mao very badly...and when she is not sleeping is wandering around howling..ensuring that I cannot sleep.... a kitty friend needs to be found for her.... she's a very disturbed cat. She was howling incessantly in Manila and I wondered if the move to BKK would help...obviously not....if possible, she misses him more than I do.

Without BBC World, my life is a little dull....without my work permit...no BBC World....!!

I'd forgotten how much I like Thai food!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jakartass said...

Ah, Bangkok where I wanted to get back to when I got sidetracked to Jakarta.

Enjoy Ma'am.

2:10 pm  
Blogger dgny said...

Poor kitty. Think you'll find her a companion? Perhaps a kitten to boss around and take care of.

I'm trying to think of my favourite things in BKK, but whenever I've been, I spend all my time at The Atlanta.

10:53 pm  
Anonymous Adrian said...

Quite helpful information, thanks for your article.
ptsd test | birth announcement template | plaza motors st. louis

6:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home