Wednesday, July 18, 2007

And there I was thinking I was an idiot...!

So...I moved into my new apartment...which is very nice...the only fly in the ointment was the shower in the bathroom for the main bedroom....I had two options...scalding hot or cold...no nice hottish temperature with which to wake up gently. So every shower has been a battle in logistics of getting a few seconds of the right temperature so I can wet my hair, rinse off the soap etc etc...not good for a hangover I can tell you!

I asked my property agent...a very nice Dutch guy...if he could sort out the hot water heater...no problem came the response...so whilst I was at work he sent over his team of maintenance guys to assess the problem..."no problem" came back the reponse..works perfectly....to which I answered...did you check the correct bathroom....after some investigation - no they didn't!

They returned...checked the correct bathroom and agreed the hot water heater was a bit buggered...

Dutch property agent informed me yesterday afternoon that they had returned and replaced the hot water heater...I should have no more problems.... Oh joy...!

I got up this morning..bounced into the bathroom to have my first proper shower since arriving...and low and behold...its still a scald/chill situation...

I really thought that I had become completely incompetent and could no longer operate a shower tap properly...

I sat at my desk for a while this morning, debating whether to call the agent and readily admit I was an idiot and couldn't work a shower properly...

Eventually I called....I could tell from his tone of voice he really thought I was a complete idiot....

Late this afternoon I received a text from him...'Sorry, they changed the unit in the wrong bathroom'....

What a relief....!!!!!!!!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had moved to BKK until I read Torn and Frayed's blog and found out.

I think I may have seen you a couple of times at your old place of work. My trade organization has been holding its annual convention and expo there for the past several years now, plus the occasional lunch or dinner, so I've had my chance to loiter there.

Anyway, good luck at your new post and new home.

11:19 am  
Blogger Indiana said...

I read the title of this post and was about to say...well it doesn't really matter does it...LOL

11:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still, at least you are alive -- you weren't a couple of days ago, at least according to my blog. I linked to your stories about the best and worst of the Philippines and referred to you as "recently departed"! It caused some consternation as you will see, requiring me to change the wording slightly. Sorry about that!

6:35 pm  
Blogger Dom Cimafranca said...

Well, I suppose that's better than: "You pulled the wrong tooth, doctor!"

Have fun in Bangkok?

Hmmm...when are we going to have a post entitled "One night in Bangkok?"

9:05 am  
Blogger glenzo said...

I usually stay at the Ambassador and they have the same scalding hot/ only cold or no water at all situation.

9:23 pm  
Anonymous Donald said...

Goodness, there is really much worthwhile information above!
conception date | parts store | is anal sex safe

5:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home