Monday, September 25, 2006

It makes one proud to be British......!!

Pinay in Barnsley has highlighted a 'heartwarming' story of two mothers ensuring that their kids get the apparently appropriate food whilst at school

TWO mums are organising junk food runs to a South Yorkshire school - because they don't agree with its healthy eating policy.

Julie Critchlow and Sam Walker deliver fish and chips, pies, and burgers to hungry kids at Rawmarsh Comprehensive every day.

They say they have started the food runs because pupils are turning their noses up at the 'low fat rubbish' served up at the school.
And they are angry at a recent ruling by headteacher John Lambert that pupils can't leave at lunchtime to visit the local chippy - and should eat pasta, salads and sandwiches.


Give me strength! Just reading it makes me want to belt someone.

Actually to be honest, I'm surprised that our Barnsley Blogger is so surprised at the mothers doing this....watching Jamie's School Dinners I veered between being hugely embarassed to be British and wanting to smack some of the parents and school authorities into next week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

I think someone is missing a good feed of chips and gravy. ~grin~

9:51 am  
Blogger Paul said...

ANd what about Black Pudding, Haggis & deep fried Mars bars? The poor little arlings anre missing out on all things Brit (or should that read shit?)

9:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aahh, Madame C, I was hardly surprised, but enraged nonetheless. I've had a surplus of that (rage) eversince I lived here...

Shame about my lil' 'present' huh? Oh well, my girlfriend said if you keep trying youtube, you might just catch a freshly downloaded clip!...Is it worth the trouble you may ask...oh c'mon, you know IT IS!

4:49 am  
Anonymous Malachi said...

Thank you for this post, really worthwhile info.
honda dealerships in nj | Limousine Service NJ | braces rubber bands

12:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home