Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Yes, Prime Minister....

Sir Humphrey: "The Queen is inseparable from the Church of England."
Jim Hacker: "And what about God?"
Sir Humphrey: "I think he is what is called an optional extra."

Bernard Wooley: "Yes, it's one those irregular verbs: I have an individual mind, you are eccentric, he is completely round the twist"

Jim Hacker: "Yes Humphrey, there is something I want to talk to you about. Something very secret. Uhm......."
Sir Humphrey: "Would it be easier if I wasn't here?"

Jim Hacker: "Don't we ever get our own way with the French?"
Sir Humphrey: "Well, sometimes."
Jim Hacker: "When was the last time?"
Sir Humphrey: "Battle of Waterloo, 1815."

Bernard Woolley (on the phone): "Yes, we will want simultaneous translators. ... No, not when the PM meets the leaders of the English speaking nations. ... Yes, the English speaking nations can be said to include the United States. With a certain generosity of spirit."

2 Comments:

Blogger Scorpy said...

I loved that show...It is indeed a classic!

8:17 am  
Anonymous Alfred said...

For my part every person ought to go through it.
Dutch Oven Pot Roast

10:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home