Saturday, May 13, 2006

My name's Madame Chiang and I'm a wimp!

If I tell you that watching the first Harry Potter movie scared the living daylights out of me...it gives you some idea about what I can and can't handle when it comes to movies...during Harry Potter I spent most of the time hiding behind the cinema chairs...I have not seen any of the subsequent Harry Potter releases!

So imagine my horror when I read this today...

It opens with a mutilated body, features a series of bloody murders and even portrays a monk flagellating himself with a rope.

But the most disturbing thing about the Hollywood adaptation of Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code is its musical score and sound effects, according to the British Board of Film Classification.

The producers of the new 40 million (HK$576.55 million) film, starring Tom Hanks, Ian McKellen and Audrey Tautou, were told that their request for a 12A certificate was inappropriate because the film's score was too tense for young children, and its sound levels accentuated the violence.


Ok..so they have adapted it and been given their 12A rating...but still I know that I will be terrified...so I doubt I shall be watching this year's most anticipated release...

I know one Singaporean blogger who will not be going to see the movie (and I quote)..."unless kidnapped and strapped into a chair", so at least he doesn't have to worry about being scared!!!!

And as I just told Mia, it is not an excuse for holding someone's hand too tightly in the cinema as I sweat too much....now there's a lovely thought for you all!!

1 Comments:

Blogger dgnyhk said...

It's a very violent story with particularly gross imagery. I wouldn't encourage the faint of heart - music or no. I haven't seen the film, only read the book and seen a preview, but from what I've seen, it's sticking true to the text so I'd skip it if I were you. Or get the DVD so you can mute/ff the scary bits!

9:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home