Sunday, May 07, 2006

Internet...

Well, dear Reader(s), I am posting this from home....yes, I finally have internet access from the comfort of my own sofa...

However, the path was not easy.....

Last week I signed up online for the SmartBro internet service, they contacted me on Thursday to ask if they could install on Friday..I explained that I was working all day that wasn't possible. The Sales agent then came back to me offering the option of dropping of the equipment later on Friday evening and then having someone come install it on Saturday morning....sounded good to me. I popped home to do all the paperwork etc on Friday, collected the equipment and was promised a call in the morning to schedule installation...so far, so wonderful.....

Saturday morning (bearing in mind that this is my day off and therefore incredibly precious) starts a horrific day of no contact, no confirmation and me spending the entire day at home with continued promises that the engineer was coming...finally at 7:30pm I lost the plot...completely and told their customer services precisely what I thought of them.

They finally showed up at 8:30am this morning...after my specific request to have them here at 8am.....

The sales guy was good, their installers were polite...the organisation is appalling......possibly the worst I have experienced in my entire time in Asia.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps you'd be disappointed now to discover so soon how unreliable smartbro connection is. 2-3 minutes online followed by 30 - 50 minutes offline if your lucky. for me, the entire smartbro experience is 4 days to 1 weeek NO CONNECTION and then have a connection for a very short time and off again for longer period. smartbro has a really smart way to rob money out of its customers by efficient bill collection and NO-SERVICE provided at all!!! they should be sued for pinning people into a 1 year contract with no way out of this nnightmare...

5:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home