Thursday, April 27, 2006

Scattered thoughts...

Thanks to Fred, one of my more ‘aware’ readers….we can put this article…with this news…and realize that male life expectancy levels in China could suddenly rise….

The Economist this week has a few articles on ‘New Media’…blogging is covered with ‘It’s the links, stupid’(Clinton’s election campaign line will be changed and used for many, many years to come!), the article tells us that according to Technorati a new blog is created every second, and they track on average 50,000 new posts an hour….60% of bloggers are female and under 21! One thing I notice in articles about blogging and bloggers…is that they always start with an explanation as to what they are and how the word came about. There are a lot of blogs around…but it still doesn’t seem to be main stream. On the subject of blogging, this link (via MLQ3) explains why for some people blogging has to stop..I have already sent the link to a few people I think it may be relevant to!

Also in the Economist this week a focus on the Democrats and whether they can start showing a united front and whether they can finally let America know what they are for and against…with Bush at a 30% approval rating, this would be the chance for the Democrats to possibly shine…. It all reminds me a bit of the state of the British Conservative party…. I liked the cover cartoon....



I like the way that the newspapers in the Philippines use a variety of illustrations for their front pages..



So Bush has named his new Press Secretary…..I can’t comment on the man himself (time will tell I guess!)…but I can comment on two things…firstly, I hope that Fox’s radio news show is not as awful as their TV news reporting…during the Iraq war my colleagues and I used to watch Fox for ‘entertainment’….we just couldn’t take them seriously. Secondly, watching Bush’s announcement…I can’t help feeling that the joke about ‘well he took the job anyway’ fell somewhat flat…

And finally....the other day at Starbucks I went to use the bathroom (or CR as they call it here) and as I perched on the toilet I looked straight ahead of me and saw this...

immediate panic set it as I though I was in the mens room..I have a habit of doing that! there have been many embarrassing incidents around the world involving me and men's toilets..one was in HK at the Bishop Lei hotel where I came out of the cubicle and went over to where 'a person' was standing washing their hands..it was a man, he was using the urinal! I would like to point out that it is always by accident! Anyway...it seemed afterwards that it was a unisex toilet...but I have never got out of a toilet so quickly!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Skippy-san said...

The Democrats have never had a better chance than this year. However because of their buffoonery
they will punt it away.........

Just look at that cast of losers on the cover...........

8:54 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

unfortunately I have to agree with you....

11:58 pm  
Blogger Seven Seas said...

I am neither republican or democrat, but I lean more towards the rebublican side. Personally I wish there was a viable third party, I don't think the U.S. founding fathers had a 2 party system in mind when they created it. Republicans take money from the middle and give it to the rich to filter down (works in miniscule amounts). Democrats take money from the middle and give it to the poor to filter up (dosen't work). When will someone do something to help the middle? Neither side looks out for the best intrest of their voters, they just toe the party lines. Sorry for the rant, this is one of my sore points right now.

10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home