Thursday, May 11, 2006

I have been busy....honestly!

I have not been posting too much recently as I have been quite busy....which after you've read this post....you will not believe!

On Monday it was our company staff outing...so 5:30am saw us congregating on the five coaches ready to take us on our little adventure. Batangas was our final destination.

Batangas is about a three hour drive out side of Manila, hence the early start. What I was not prepared for was that at about 5:45am I had a cup of best Philippine rum waved under my nose and told to get it down me....it felt like being at the rugby sevens...I actually refused the beverage which I regretted about five minutes later when they put the DVD on....now, those of you (all one of you!) who read on a regular basis will know that I like nice movies...scary movies are not good for me. Viewing of choice was Jeepers Creepers, followed by the the sequel....with my iPod jammed in my ears and hiding behind the curtains on the bus...it still terrified the crap out of me....and I arrived in Batangas a shivering wreck..took me a good few hours to get over it...seriously terrified.

Fotunately for me the final location was beautiful and luckily there were not too many activities organised so we could just sit and chat, play cards and drink beer...a really lovely day. Shame it had to end with the three hour haul back to Manila suffering the The Curse of the Ring, granted not as scary as the morning viewing...but still not for me....the nightmares I had on Monday were some of the worst since I watched Black Hawk Down

Anyway, some pictures:








Actually, one of the best parts of the day (movies not withstanding) was the drive through Tagaytay, I'd heard it was beautiful but seeing really is believing!

7 Comments:

Blogger Thingfish said...

That place looks well worth a trip - what's the name? Does it have an url?

1:50 am  
Blogger Scorpy said...

Great Pictures...I'm with you on the Horror Movies..I don't watch them...but BlackHawk Down is one of the best Movies I've seen. I actually have it on DVD ....well I did until one of my LLs stepped on it :)
Have you seen Private Ryan? or did you skip the first five minutes? I was a little put off by the publicity when it came out because i hate real blood thirsty movies.
PS: why drive six hours for a staff picnic...that is more a weekend away :)

3:10 am  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Thing: here is the link

Scorpy: I wish I could have handled Black Hawk Down better as it sounded like an excellent movie and of course everyone is aware of the story behind it. As to Saving Private Ryan - I have never seen it (again would like to!) due to just how violent I have heard it is.

6:57 am  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Scorpy: three hours is really the bare minimum to drive to get a really nice unpolluted beach with sufficient facilities to deal with hordes of people going on the outing! But I agree it is a hell of a long way!

6:59 am  
Blogger Scorpy said...

I know what you mean by pollution. I worked at Subic Bay and Cubi Point before the volcanoe went off...very dirty indeed.

1:51 pm  
Blogger glenzo said...

A mickey mouse pool.

12:11 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Glenzo: so it is!! well spotted...albeit MM with the right side of his face sliced off!!!

12:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home