Saturday, May 20, 2006

I wonder if it does get better.....

I have of late -- but wherefore I know not -- lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory, this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours.

Hamlet, Shakespeare

4 Comments:

Blogger Scorpy said...

That's how I feel exactly....
Welcome back

12:25 am  
Blogger Andrew said...

MC, I went through a period like this some weeks ago. I call it my black dog time. It comes and goes, sometimes in days but occasionally lasts months. It is a time of soul-searching, self-questioning, sometimes despair.......... but I always come out the other side eventually. Hang in there.

Andrew

10:49 am  
Blogger nunu'smum said...

Nice to see u back! It's not always as bad as it looks! (unless you're in Barnsley...:)... just wanted to make u chuckle

1:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote. I remember it particularly vividly from the movie Withnail and I ... which come to think of it I've got to watch again now. :-)

3:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home