Sunday, May 28, 2006

Other reasons why I miss Hong Kong...

Other than the hiking, shopping, sheen of organisation, the star ferry, friends etc it is the general quirkiness of things in HKG that I miss...

Two things have caught my eye today....this video of Hong Kong's 'Bus Uncle'


from Expat@Large

...according to the SCMP, HKG is just full of 'Bus Uncles' waiting to explode, as with most Cantonese exchanges, the language is very 'colourful'....and, with the usual interesting translating for subtitles that one experiences in HKG, my favourite two phrases are...

"Who should I fuck?"
"My penis isn't your mum"

And the other little piece of nostalgia...the weather reporting on TV; courtesy of this classic line!

"We have measured the depth of the flooding in the area - it was up to my knee."
From a TVB news report, live from Sha Tin

5 Comments:

Blogger Seven Seas said...

I see road rage on a daily baisis here. I have never seen bus rage before.

6:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He must be the most annoying person I have seen on video. I really admire the other guy, the way he kept his cool. And funny that someone actually filmed the whole thing.

7:39 am  
Blogger glenzo said...

how do you post videos like this?

11:01 pm  
Blogger glenzo said...

I mean, how can I post vidoes on my blog? Not questioning the videos you are actually posting!

11:02 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Seven Seas: I have seen other cases of bus rage in HKG before, but not quite to this extent!

Frayed: the videoing is par for the course in HKG!

Gentleman-Hobbs: it is a fantastic city, however Aqua bar I think is a better viewing location now due to it being a fair few floors higher than the Sheraton sky lounge

Glenzo: its the first time I've tried that...very simple, the video came from youtube.com...and once you've chosen the clip you want it gives you the code to imbed it in your blog...how to convert other videos to the youtube format - I have absolutely no idea! sorry!

7:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home