Saturday, April 08, 2006

Blog Dating

Within this little blogosphere that we inhabit (actually, not so little...at last count there were a lot of bloggers roaming the planet) there are always new friendships being formed sometimes through cyberspace and other times they translate into real life friendships. These friendships can develop into a lot more...the most recent case I am aware of is that of Petite Anglaise who met someone through the comments he left on her site...unfortunately, it did not all end happily ever after for Petite...but as 'they' say, everything happens for a reason.

A female friend of mine who blogs very sporadically says that she originally set up her blog to meet men, I had to tell her that she needs to be a little more 'out there' if she wants to grab someone's fancy...added to the fact that she doesn't really comment or link anywhere...fairly half-hearted dating tactics...no doubt she will learn! Another female friend admitted that she blogs for the same 'to meet someone' reason...her tactics seem a little better than my other friend, any day now I expect to read good news!

Using an online dating site is nothing new and as more and more people use online dating services there is less of a stigma attached to them...you know - the 'too sad to meet someone in real life' stigma; now it seems to be more practical, particularly in the world we live in where long working hours are the norm, extended travelling the norm and sitting behind ones computer for hours a day are also unfortunately quite standard. However dating another blogger is slightly different...first you need to meet them....then there's the explanation of how you met.

If you are setting up a blog in order to meet someone, or you do meet someone through your blogs...there is a little 'help' section within blogger to deal with just that event...with useful tips on 'deleting posts'...presumably for when you have blogged after a night out on the town without your blogging lover but which did include a huge amount of alcohol and that rather charming new guy from 'emerging markets'.... Personally just thinking about reading what someone else has written about a date (or worse/better!) gives me the screaming heebie jeebies...However, going back to Blogger, I am glad to see that we have guidelines and that the Nanny State is alive and well in the Blogosphere...it's almost like living in Singapore! I guess if it does all go pear shaped...these policies would be good to follow.

And no...before any of you ask, I am not shacking up with a fellow blogger or anyone who has left comments....inspiration for this post came from Shakey's link to an article which in its roughest terms is about blogging to get laid.

7 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

You might no be, but would you?

4:40 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

depends...I am definitely of the 'never say 'never'' school of thought.....why...do you know someone suitable!!!!!

5:12 pm  
Blogger Indiana said...

Someone suitable? I think you need to browse your blogroll with a critical eye... ~grin~

2:25 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

I think I can safely say that my blogroll will not come up with the goods....and in saying that I am sure I am not offending anyone!!!

9:15 am  
Blogger Jakartass said...

You might not not come up with the goods, but I think you come up with the 'good'.

Oh, and thanks for coming up with the topic. I'll have to re-examine my motivation.

11:19 am  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Strange to relate...it wasn't actually something that crossed my mind...until having read Shakey's article I sort of followed link to link (as you do!) and then found that there's a whole lot of it going...some closer to home than others!

12:15 pm  
Anonymous Godfrey said...

Thanks so much for the article, quite useful material.
leg cramps cause | house value | skirt patterns

5:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home