Tuesday, April 04, 2006

And after the high….comes the low…..really low…

There is always the danger when one has too good a time, that the landing will be hard. And mine has been….leaving HKG was very hard this time…too many friends to leave behind and too many moments that made me realize how lucky I am…

Friends who give me unexpected gifts which a lot of thought has gone into, friends who check on me and ensure I’m ok, friends that according to one person are ‘very protective of me’…..

Many years ago I had a partner in crime in HKG, we chased around Wanchai together, downed vast quantities of alcohol and generally raised merry hell…she also had three wonderful children who I loved spending time with ….to cut a long story short I guess time and distance caused us to be not such great friends…this weekend I spent both Saturday and Sunday with her and her brood at the sevens…it was wonderful. That was one of the best things that happened this weekend…

Other great parts of the weekend included the amount of time I managed to spend with the blue-eyed boy..also great company and the final touch – some freshly baked banana cake for the flight…, time with other friends just catching up, sitting on the Star Ferry and enjoying the view…

It’s been a hard landing and the next few days may be a bit tough but I guess there’s always next time…

4 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

And.........you didn't reply to my text. It was a funny one as well. ~grin~

See you next time.

1:49 pm  
Blogger venitha said...

Lovely to have friendships not essentially changed by time apart. You get back together a year later, and it's like nothing's changed - what a treasure.

10:20 am  
Blogger expat@large said...

I feel your pain...

What is it about Hong Kong? The whole place just has a welcoming friendly buzz, despite its impersonal crushing crowds. The expat community is so organized and tight, despite sometimes being cliquey - but nothing compatred to Singapore. Everyone loves to party - try walking down D'Aguilar St in LKF on a Friday night and tell me otherwise.

The restaurants and shops are more varied, more inventive and more well-stocked. Just everything!

I MISS HONG KONG TOO!

Don't know if it makes you feel better, but you are not Robinson Crusoe...

8:29 am  
Anonymous Clifford said...

Quite worthwhile info, thank you for the article.
dallas tx hotels | rpg free online games | high triglycerides diet

3:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home