Sunday, April 02, 2006

The city with a three day hangover!

My food and beverage intake yesterday was as follows:

one cup of tea
one bottle of Perrier
2 bottles of wine
2 glasses of Pimms
1 KFC Waffle Fry
1 mouthful of quiche

It is called the Sevens diet and once a year it is followed by about 40,000 people in one city over a period of three days! However, some are such faithful followers that they follow the diet to greater extremes....

I can't really recommend it as a fast track to good health but it always seems like a good idea at the time!

And it does make getting home a little tricky....leaving CWB last night I nearly ended up on the train to Quarry Bay heading out for Sai Kung...now given that I wanted to be in TST and the last time I needed to go out to Sai Kung was when my parents lived there about 10 years ago...that kind of gives you an idea of how bad the sevens diet is for one's sense of direction....

Best match of the day was the Japanese nearly upsetting the Kiwis.....if they had made it, that would have been one for the history books....


The infamous South Stands...

CWB MTR


update...

other effects of the sevens diet from Expat@Large, along with a public apology to one set of CX crew and passengers!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger HKMacs said...

Did you set your camera to "Tungsten"?

11:15 am  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Truth be told....I don't know....it's not behaving itself and has given me crappy pictures all the way through the sevens....unheard of for my little camera....

8:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home