Monday, April 03, 2006

And it's all over....

So that was the '06 sevens...Another great weekend, not enough rugby, too much alcohol and lots of friends!

I was fairly let down this year as one by one each of my teams were knocked out...Hong Kong, Canada, Scotland....finally I was left with no choice but to support the Kiwis...and look where that got me!! (many years ago the Kiwis were our team of choice due to needing to make sure we got as many looks as possible at Dallas Seymour!!)

Best headline of the Sevens media...covering the article of HKG beating the US...unfortunately I didn't get the full title but it was along the lines of "The joy of spanking the yanks"!!!

I have no real pictures of HKG this time around as most of my time was spent at the stadium..unfortunately pictures from the sevens are not great...camera is misbehaving and no, it's not operator error...the camera has behaved much better before when I have consumed more alcohol than this weekend!

Anyway, here they are....


The English show the Samoans what eating lots of marmite and baked beans can do for one's rugby!


The French do have a sense of humour....well, I guess they'd need one as they eventually were beaten by Kenya!!


Can't imagine what the sports sections of the papers in China will report today....'Our sevens team beat...nobody"....




God Save the Queen...at the moment the only time I ever sing the National Anthem is when England get to the finals at the sevens....



England wins 26-24....just....at one point I was just about to text the results to a friend....when Gollings managed to find that extra try...


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos!

-shaky

9:24 am  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

unfortunately not as focused as I would like...at the time just thought it was my eyes and alcohol...now I realise it is the camera!

Plus missed the final score board Fiji vs. England...they took it down so quickly after Gollings scored I couldn't catch it...

11:34 am  
Anonymous Dougal said...

Really worthwhile data, much thanks for your article.
abortion pill side effects | Flowers Indiana Polis | private schools in maryland

11:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home