Tuesday, February 21, 2006

No man is an island....

Fortunately at work I have access to all the national papers and time allowing am able to flick through all of them to get a general appreciation of what is deemed ‘important’ in this incredibly complex country….today, unfortunately time was not on my side….but I did see the photograph on the front page of the Philippine Star...showing US Marines on their way to where the school is apparently lying under the mud...a rescue/recovery mission which will be so horrific and disturbing I don't even want to think about it (yes, I am an ostrich at times like this).



This is what friendship amongst nations is all about, not VIP visits, flag waving and dinners...but one nation's soldiers helping another nation in their time of need....

Skippy-San has written of his involvement in the rescue efforts being staged on Leyte...and with a link to the post that Spike made about GMA's SONA speech in July...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home