Thursday, February 23, 2006

Brokeback Mountain...

So why did nobody warn me about how incredibly sad this film is....I laughed once...and only because of something I remembered reading...as the second week's shopping list was handed over I remembered this:

Brokeback Mountain Weekly Shopping List

Week One
Beans
Bacon
Coffee
Whiskey

Week Two
Beans
Ham
Coffee
Whiskey

Week Three
Beans
Bacon
Coffee
Whiskey
K-Y

Week Four
Beans
Pancetta
Coffee (espresso grind)
Whiskey
2 tubes K-Y

Week Five
Fresh Fava beans
Jasmine rice
Prosciutto, approx. 8 oz., thinly sliced
Medallions of veal
Porcini mushrooms
1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream
1 Cub Scout uniform, size 42 long
5-6 bottle good Chardonnay,
1 large bottle Astroglide

Week Six
Yukon Gold potatoes
Heavy whipping cream
Asparagus (very thin)
Eggs
Lemons
Gruyere cheese (well aged)
Walnuts
Arugula
Butter
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
6 yards white silk organdy
6 yards pale ivory taffeta
Case of Chardonnay
Large tin Crisco

from Torn & Frayed's comments.....

The audience here obviously felt the subject matter was still a little risque judging by the oohs and aahs...and giggles as certain scenes were played out....

.I couldn't help thinking what a terrible and tragic relationship was being played out....granted the background it was played out against was spectacular...I'm not a camping sort of a lass...but that film has made me think I should give it another whirl...preferably with some good horses and some guy is handy with pitching tent...if he looks like Heath Ledger...then so much the better...

I actually came out the cinema wiping tears off my cheeks...haven't done that for a while...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was quite against watching the movie myself, but more because I thought I'd fall asleep! But the movie was really good. And we also noted the titters in the crowd during the 'scenes'.

I did fall asleep for a few minutes though.. that's what happens when you go for the 9 PM show of a thinking movie after drinks!

8:13 pm  
Anonymous Zackary said...

I found a great deal of useful material here!
chevy dealerships | budget truck rental discount | massachusetts dental insurance

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home