Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Movie run...

After a movie drought....by which I mean no movies suitable for me to watch...there is suddenly a rush and I have to pack a fair few into the next few days...(I have two days off starting tomorrow)...

So this evening I hightailed it over to the Shang Mall (being warned that due to various gatherings on EDSA going to Greenbelt may not be the best idea)...to see the latest Pink Panther...I am not a great movie critic I get too caught up in the movie to be critical...but a few comments on this one...it wasn't nearly as good as the originals (which I love)...but there were a few moments...when Clouseau spins the big globe thing in his office and it spins off its axis causing mayhem and destruction...his 'interview' with the Cantonese lady...and the camouflage body outfits for the Presidential Palace walls....and then the dance that Martin and Reno do in their little body suits....Added to the fact that I have quite a soft spot for Jean Reno....

Next movies to see....Memoirs of a Geisha, Brokeback Mountain and Syriana....the latter one provides a bit of a conundrum for me...I really want to see it but also know that I am too scared to see it alone...so the only alternative is to find someone who has seen it and ask them to explain the story in minute detail with every instance of violence so I am prepared and know when to hide and know how it will turn out......ridiculous I know but that's the only way I will be able to handle it - any volunteers??!!

Anyway...I must to bed as tomorrow Corregidor Island calls......at the crack of dawn!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dom Cimafranca said...

I would volunteer to watch Syriana with you, but unfortunately, I'm out in the boondocks. I hope you find someone to watch it with, though. Looks like a good film.

9:45 am  
Blogger ate said...

Pride & Prejudice? Why don't you watch that? Its an entertaining movie..will pass the 2 hours quite well :)

8:54 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Domique..thanks for the offer....I think I am just going to have to take the bull by the horns and watch it during the day so I have time to recover..

ate....will see P&P when it is released here...just working through what's on general relese here at the moment..

9:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home