Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Of smog....and Angels...

The moving house saga continues....was all ready to hand over vast quantities of money (the payment in advance here is like nothing I have ever seen before...apparently I am lucky - only two months deposit and six months in advance!) and move into the apartment - yesterday was my day off and all was planned and organised....except for one factor - the agent had decided to 'go out of town for the day' and had forgotten to tell me..anyway will now have to move over after work in the evenings. I have to be vaguely settled before the travelling zoo arrives on Friday, experience tells me they don't like the packing or unpacking procedure!

Moving yesterday would have proved challenging as I had the migraine from hell and being released from my moving duties consequently spent the day holed up in a very dark and very cold room!

Having read the SCMP on Sunday I see that HKG's air quality over the last few days has been pretty diabolical....Manila isn't any great shakes either on that front...below two photographs - same view,same time - 24 hours apart!




Wandering around the shops on Sunday evening (buying the important stuff - toilet brushes, shower curtains, bug killer!!) I went through the Christmas decoration department - which seems to be growing each week, at this rate by December there will be nothing to buy except Christmas decorations!


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your tribulations seem endless. Maybe you are questioning your decision to move there now.....actually, I'm now starting to question my decision to move there!

12:46 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

actually, any move anywhere is stressful and there are always problems....it's just that these problems seem to have dragged out for ever....in most places moving is a fairly swift experience so the problems are condensed!

1:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's difficult to think of being settled, to think you hvae a home, and while you know it will be sorted in a few months it's the slowness and the inefficency that grates the most...and thats living in Singapore.

Hope you have a home soon.

-Platypus.

6:16 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

You ARE lucky - we're paying a full 12 months in advance! And a surety on top of that!!

4:30 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

I forgot to add...and six months back dated cheques....

4:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home