Thursday, October 20, 2005

"The curse of the jibbering wreck"

Last night I thought I would go and see the latest Wallace and Gromit offering...The curse of the were-rabbit. As usual, Nick Park and his team have come up with a great film...an hour or so of great entertainment.

Unfortunately I timed it so that I was in time for the trailers....now having a very low fear threshold I find that usually the trailers are for films that I would never even consider watching and as a result by the time the main feature starts I am a shivering wreck...so last night the trailers went something like this - in this order....

Pride and Prejudice (ok, fine - will probably go and see it, - my kind of movie)
Prime (looks fairly 'fluffy' could be an entertaining hour or so)
Little Manhattan looks like a fairly crap story..too mushy for even me...however, will probably go and see it because it has Bradley Whitford in!!!

by this point I am lulled into a false sense of security by these nice gentle trailers........

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (great book, Disney film - but the trailer was too scary)
Harry Potter (you've got to be kidding, I hid behind the chairs of the cinema when I went to see the first one....this one looks even worse...but admittedly some of the special effects look pretty good)
Flightplan (no bloody way)
Doom (are you serious.........no bloody way)

so yet again I start to watch a movie a jibbering wreck wondering why on earth if it is a 'nice' film showing that they don't show 'nice' trailers that aren't going to scare the living daylights out of the likes of me....?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home