Thursday, October 13, 2005

Happy 80th Birthday

Tthe Iron Lady celebrates her 80th Birthday today...love her or hate her....she was a driving force in British and World politics...

The bottom line is that, for many Tories, she was simply the greatest leader they have had since Churchill, both personally and politically.

Personally because nobody had ever seen anything quite like this handbag-wielding, unapologetic class warrior before.

And politically because she transformed Britain in a way you either loved or loathed, depending largely on which side of the class war you found yourself on.


A few quotations from the great handbag carrier...

I usually make up my mind about a man in ten seconds; and I very rarely change it.

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.

In politics if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

U-turn if you want to. The lady's not for turning



and the best way to start a sentence...ever....

"As God once said, and I think rightly..."

and possibly the greatest trans-atlantic relationship ever...at least until the Blair/Bush "partnership"...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Humphrey said...

I fully match with whatever thing you've presented.
limo services in charlotte nc | gold chain for men | limo services houston

2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home