Monday, October 10, 2005

Piglet and the tale of it 'all going just a little too far'



taken from Far East Cynic.

Skippy-san has written about this.........in a nutshell...more madness on the British 'politically correct' front...

"Novelty pig calendars and toys have been banned by bosses at Dudley Council in case Muslim staff are offended.

Workers in the council's benefits department have been told to remove or cover up all pig products including toys, porcelain, calendars and even a tissue box featuring Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.

It comes after a Muslim worker said they were offended by pig-shaped stress relievers delivered to the authority"


In March of this year I wrote a little bit on the same subject, then it was in response to a British court ruling that a female student had been unlawfully excluded from her previous school (in Britain) when she wore her traditional Muslim dress...

When I was living in Jordan I had a Winnie the Pooh and Piglet picture up on my wall, on one of my holidays back to the UK I went to Pooh Corner and played Pooh Sticks on the bridge...texted one of my muslim colleagues back in Jordan to tell then where I was and they asked for a 'souvenir' from the shop...I took back only a Pooh and an Eeyore for them...they asked why I didn't get them a Piglet...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Isaiah said...

Pretty worthwhile data, lots of thanks for your post.
ford dealerships in pa | medical id necklace | supplement for anxiety

10:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home