Friday, September 30, 2005

"Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us"*

I asked a friend of mine to send me some pictures today that were missing from my albums...pictures of a couple of nights out a couple of years ago...

Looking at the pictures reminded me so strongly of the events of those few nights that I totally zoomed out of where I was and what I was doing....

I remembered the taste of the Whisky shot I downed (I loathe Whisky), how much I laughed and enjoyed myself over two nights, how much one particular woman made me want to punch her (and I was not alone in that feeling!), that after an absence of two years I experienced nights out until dawn in Wanchai and LKF....and worst of all I remembered how great it was to be with one particular person....and how awful it is now to be without them.....


*Oscar Wilde, "The Importance of Being Earnest"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Curtis said...

Gosh, there is a great deal of useful information above!
parts store | new homes in Vaughan | SPAs in London

6:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home