Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The hunt continues...

I went out and saw some apartments yesterday....my agent has discovered that the older blocks will accept pets...so we trotted off to see the older blocks...

As in HKG, older blocks normally have bigger apartments...same here....the only difference being that the apartments here are already pretty large...so instead of a huge one bedroom in a new block...for the same money I was looking at an enormous three bedroom apartment...I can't help but think that one person only needs so much space...and two kitties only need so much space...

Eventually I settled on two possibilities....one huge two bedroomed unfurnished place....and one two bedroomed, big by HKG standards but small by Manila standards, furnished place....so time to let the negotiations start....

For the unfurnished place I will have to start buying furniture...I knew I would regret not brining my bed from HKG!!!!

When I went out to view the apartments yesterday...the clouds looked ominous...thick, heavy, dark grey and looming with intent...so I thought I would jump into a cab even though the building was just around the corner.....as I did, the heavens opened...the rain was so heavy that all the traffic came to a grinding halt as nobody could see beyond the end of the front of their cars.....quite incredible...it lasted for about 15 minutes and then stopped as quickly as it started....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home