Friday, September 23, 2005

Thought for the day....

for all those who have had or presently have Swiss colleagues or bosses!!!


In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
Harry Lime (Orson Welles) The Third Man


I would like to point out that I spent two great years in Switzerland and have very fond memories of the country and the people, however every so often their smugness can get on my nerves!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Madame Chiang said...

actually no...cuckoo clocks really get on my nerves...but I supported their chocolate, cheese and skiing industry!!!

10:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home