Thursday, August 11, 2005

Family duties….

Am finding it hard to concentrate (yet again) as I prepare for a return to home turf followed by a further journey to parental turf.

I find going back to parental turf very enjoyable but also very stressful…..the enjoyment comes from being able to spend time with my parents and my brother and which ever friends are ‘in the area’….also the ability to take a few days and roam London, which I love.

The stress comes from the fact that I want to spend time with my parents but also want to balance that with my own time….however, my parents see me only once a year and therefore expect (and rightly so, as my brother informed me last night) the majority of my time to be spent with them….I guess it’s all part of the trade off…I get to live overseas and dictate as when I return to the UK….just so long as they get most of my time there….

I suggested that next year I meet them somewhere…….somewhere like here as I have a friend working here who I will definitely be going to visit at some stage next year…meeting the family somewhere other than UK means that I don’t necessarily have to go back to the UK but can use my annual leave for some traveling as well……we shall see….

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you return, we should take you out for dinner!

2:37 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

that would be nice...but is that a 'pity' invitation after the picture of my 'solo' pizza!!!???

3:31 pm  
Blogger Jakartass said...

Hi Ma'am.

You need to check your links, through the HTML edit facility, as they come out like this : http://mdmechiang.blogspot.com/%E2%80%9Dhttp://www.villagenet.co.uk/sevensisters/villages/waldron.php%E2%80%9D
rather than : www.villagenet.co.uk/sevensisters/villages/waldron.php.

That said, my British family is just down the road in Heathfield and Lower Willingdon. A lovely area so have a lovely time.

4:42 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

thanks...will update....

small world!!! As you say Heathfield is just down the road!!

5:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pty? thought didn't even occur to me, certainly not in relation to a single-person-sized pizza box.

no, I just think a jaw over supper would be fun. Trying to convince Torn &Frayed it would be fun, too.

5:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home