Thursday, August 11, 2005

Lilliput...

Shopping in the Philippines is how I imagine shopping in Lilliput would be like….the majority of products are available in ‘mini’….anything can be bought in mini packages or sachets…this is particularly true for things like shampoo, lotion, toothpaste etc etc…it’s quite good for someone like me who likes to try all these things out…below is a picture of a mini deodorant next to the normal size one…and a small shampoo bottle…to give you some idea…the mini deodorant is about 4cm high



The ‘little’ things translates to food as well….’solo’ size pizzas are the perfect size….picture below next to a pen (apology for the lack of focus!)…..the box is about 11cm square…



I realize that this is more a reflection of the state of the economy than the opportunity to give people the ability to fill their bathroom with hundreds of little samples….however, it is quite entertaining.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These small packets are really bad for the environment too. You'll always see "sachets" of shampoo (for 1 use) or tiny tubes of toothpaste at the beach... but I guess it's the economy that's the problem. People just can't afford bigger bottles or don't like to think that far

2:23 pm  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

What? No SPAM on the shopping list?
I thought that was a PI staple.......

3:14 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

I hate Spam....I went to boarding school in England which gave me a life long hatred of the stuff!!

5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home