Monday, July 04, 2005

The grey of dawn.....

I love this city....but I must admit that I am getting sick and tired of seeing it at the crack of dawn.....

Anyway, in a bid to entertain...a quote from my present book......Air Babylon by Imogen Edwards-Jones. The same author also wrote Hotel Babylon which I enjoyed which is why I picked up Air Babylon.

Neither of them are the best written books, but they are good subject matter and although I can't speak for Air Babylon, Hotel Babylon is very accurate in its portrayal of the hotel business.

So, onwards to entertain.....


The Captain..."turns to exit the room and pauses. "Oh, I almost forgot,'he says, smiling and tapping his square forehead. 'The password to get on to the flight deck today is um.....' He looks around the room. 'Beaver.'

The whole room bursts out laughing.
'Beaver?' queries Sally.
'That's right.' He winks. 'And do try to get it into a natural sounding sentence.'"



any suggestions.....?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Skippy-san said...

"Ward, weren't you were too hard on the beaver last night?"

4:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home