Sunday, July 03, 2005

My first goodbye....

I said my first official goodbye today...official because it didn't end in "...of course I'll see you before I leave"....she was off to China for a business meeting and wont be back until next week.

It was a particularly hard goodbye to say as she has a very stressful life....she works in the same industry as me with a much more senior position with a lot of responsiblity and stress, she has three kids, a husband that thinks that HK is his playing field and treats it as such and to top it all, in true HK tradition her mother-in-law lives with them...now any mothers I have come across seem like placid little angels compared to this woman...this mother-in-law is the devil incarnate...my friend has an awful time of it and leaving her to the maelstrom which is her life is not easy....fortunately this time around I wont be too far away.....