Sunday, July 03, 2005

Umm Qais...

Whilst trying to put some order into my photos I found a few that I thought I would put up here...most of them are from Umm Qais which is an old Roman city in the north of Jordan, it was part of the Roman Decapolis and it's Roman name was Gadara.

When you go up to Umm Qais, lunch has to be at the Government Resthouse, looking north to Syria, Israel and the Lebanon...it was my favourite place in Jordan for a days outing...just to be able to sit there and drink in the view used to do wonders for my state of mind....


Umm Qais columns


A very hazy Sea of Gallilee (Lake Tiberius)


The Golan Heights


Umm Qais Amphitheatre


As far as we wanted to go towards the Syrian border!


and just because I love this picture....


The Treasury through the end of the Siq at Petra

1 Comments:

Blogger Madame Chiang said...

I cannot recommend it enough..Petra is amazing...but don't just limit yourself to Petra...Jordan is so much more than that....take 10 days and see the country properly...

I took my Grandfather to see Petra and having some time left over on the schedule I took him down to Wadi Rum....I love Wadi Rum but thought he would be bored...anyway for him it was the highlight of his trip...he was speechless!

Here's the link for a few piccies of Rum....and will see what others I have of Petra...

8:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home