Saturday, April 23, 2005

Mr Nice Guy....

I have dated one pilot in HK, it was a long time ago and the guy was a bit of an arrogant tosser (sorry, no other way to put it!!). This happened when I first arrived in HK, spending more time here I heard terrible stories about other pilots...untrustworthy, unfaithful etc etc. so I steered well clear of them.

I have recently met (blind date sort of thing) another pilot (did not know he was a pilot before I met him)...when I found out he was a pilot I thought to myself "ok, bail now - don't need that sort of hassle just now"!

However, I am glad to say that he has surprised me...charming, very sweet, well read, a good conversationalist and just an all round "nice" sort of a guy...contrary to what The Platypus says - this is not a bad term...it does not necessarily mean boring and tired...it may mean dependable...which is a wonderful trait...this particular guy comes under the dependable heading..he calls when he says he will, he e-mails when he says he will..so much better than all that game playing. "Bad Boys" are fun, but that fun is generally short lived and has a messy ending!

So far the only down side is that with my chaotic work schedule and his combined we don't get to see other too often (for that read almost never), anyway, as we are not 'dating' as such it is no big deal!

"Nice" may not involve slaying dragons but I have had my dragon slayers (actually am quite good at slaying my own!) and, trust me they are not all they are cracked up to be. In this case Mr Platypus..."nice" could have the girl if he wanted her!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Ah, thanks for all the links, see my post on dating pilots. Perhaps it was the same one!!

6:50 pm  
Anonymous Buck said...

The guy is definitely right, and there's no question.
Anxiety Quiz | Limo Services In Denver | six flags over texas tickets

1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home