Thursday, March 03, 2005

Chasing Pigeons

I went to work much earlier the other day and so had time to observe HK's commuting getting under way.

The many pigeons that live at the Star Ferry (TST) were out in force and I stopped and watched for about five minutes as people reacted differently to them...some charged through the flock, some skirted around the edges, some spoke to the pigeons as they stepped gingerly through, some picked out one for special treatment and followed them as they meandered through the flock, other's made vain attempts to catch them. It was an interesting insight into how different people react to a situation - if I had more time and a degree in psychology then I am sure I could write a fair amount comparing dealing with pigeons to dealing with life.

I am the world's worst parallel parker...acutally, truth be told - I just don't bother even attempting it as I just can't figure it out, even with the help of formula so you can imagine how impressed I was to watch the Wasa Queen docking at the Ocean Terminal by tucking itself into the corner between the Star Pisces and the promenade to the Star Ferry. Parallel parking on a huge scale...I tried to start a round of applause but only the pigeons seemed to react!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Geoffrey said...

Really useful information, lots of thanks for your post.
hotels in Nashville TN | cheap dinner recipes | apartments rent

8:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home