Friday, December 08, 2006

Hospitality differences...

It has come to my attention over the last few days that here in the Philippines when one has house guests one is expected to give up ones bed for the visitors, none of this sleeping on the sofa, day bed, floor etc etc...

However, when the Island boy comes to visit he gets the day bed thingy in the living room...so when I was telling this to one of my colleagues today he made some comment in a rather horrified tone of voice along the lines of "You mean your guest sleeps in the living room?"..

The only thing I have in my defence is that, knowing that the Island boy cannot function without coffee in the morning, I actually bought (for the first time ever!) coffee and made him a cup of coffee! Those that know me in real life would be horrified and surprised...I loathe coffee, the smell, the taste, the slightest whiff has been known to make me throw up in the past, the problem is so bad that past coffee drinking boyfriends ended up having to give up coffee altogether as kissing someone who's recently drunk coffee is really, really not good!!!!!

So, I may not give up my bed, but if you ask me, the coffee in the house is a far, far greater sacrifice and a far greater show of hospitality!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

And ........ whilst you may not want so share the coffee, you could perhaps share the bed ....... perhaps!

3:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm finding all these island boy thingy very intriguing!!!

Ha ha that's a naughty suggestion from Mila! I'm all for it!!!...cos I'm naughty!

6:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry for the extra letter Mia! =I
(I hate it when people misspell my name)

10:24 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Mia: Yes, but don't forget he'd have to give up the coffee first...and that's unlikely!!!!!!

Donna: Believe me in reality it's even more intriguing!!!

10:45 am  
Blogger Mia said...

Donna: No problem.

Madame C: Well you've taken a step in the right direction at least! ~grin~

4:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home