Thursday, November 16, 2006

Troubles with my toaster...

The good news is that I've discovered my apartment has smoke detectors that work; the bad news is that I've 'damaged' (destroyed) another toaster!

A few months back, during a rather stressful period at work and during a period with very, very little sleep; I staggered out of bed one morning needing a cup of tea. So I filled the kettle, plugged in the kettle and switched it on...the plug practically blew out the wall. I considered this rather unusual behaviour so examined the kettle closely; only to discover that I had filled the toaster with water and plugged it in...

So, last night. It being a late night home and having had no dinner I decided to make some toast...popped the bread in the toaster, switched it on and then went into the bedroom, after a few minutes of pottering around I ws sure the toast was up so wandered back into the kitchen. Not only was the toast not up, but there were flames pouring out of the toaster and the living room area was full of thick black smoke.

So the alarm was activated somewhere in my building and the security guards came up, balcony doors were opened, cats shut in the bathroom, offending toaster removed...what a lot of fun!

What can I say...I'm blonde!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Seven Seas said...

All hail, Madame Chiang!!! Mighty slayer of the toaster, and defender of the cats! :)

It appears your luck with toasters runs neck and neck with my luck with plants.

9:04 am  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Actually I could probably see you on the plants and raise you a window blind!!!

3:40 pm  
Blogger Dom Cimafranca said...

Oh, boy, my sides are splitting from this story.

6:29 am  
Blogger expat@large said...

you poured the water into...

oh oh oh oh ahahahahahahahaAAARGH- splurt! Oops my gall bladder has just popped out my nose from laughing too much....

3:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home