Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Devil wears Prada....




You can watch a clip here. The movie has some cracking lines, delivered incredibly well....







Miranda Priestly: Yes, move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me

Miranda Priestly: ...You have no sense of fashion...
Andy Sachs: I think that depends on...
Miranda Priestly: No, no, that wasn't a question

Miranda Priestly: The details of your incompetance do not interest me. Tell Simone I'm not going to prove that girl she sent me for the Brazilian layout. I asked for clean, athletic, smiling; she sent me dirty, tired and paunchy. And RSVP yes to Michael Kors' party, I want the driver to drop me off at 9.30 and pick me up at 9.45 sharp. Then call Natalie at Gloria's Foods and tell her no, for the 40th time, no, I don't want dacquoise, I want tortes filled with warm rhubarb compote. Then call my ex-husband and remind him that the parent/teacher conference at Dalton is tonight. Then call my husband. Ask him to please meet me for dinner at that place I went to with Masima. Also, tell Richard I saw all the pictures that he sent for that feature on the female paratroopers and they're all so deeply unattractive. Is it impossible to find a lovely, slender, female paratrooper? Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really. Also I need to see all the things that Nigel has pulled for Gwyneth's second cover.


If, after watching the movie you wonder to yourself if the rumours are true and Miranda's character is based on Anna Wintour, just read the prologue to this book to answer your question.


And on a vaguely similar subject, this is one movie screening that I think I would not have enjoyed!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Scorpy said...

I've heard some really good reviews. Is it a remake?

5:45 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

No, not a remake, but taken from a book....and for once the movie far surpasses the book.... I really struggled to get through the book...

You should definitely go see it!!!

7:50 pm  
Blogger Scorpy said...

I knew it came from something in the past...:)I'll check it out when it comes to town

5:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home