Sunday, July 02, 2006

Some things never change!

The strangest things take over after midnight....last night I had this sudden urge to watch Duran Duran videos, no, best not to ask why - I have no idea!

Anyway, I decided to unearth my DVD of all their videos (yes, I do own one), unfortunately it is missing (no, my favourite DB resident....you don't have it!!) so I had to resort to the internet...desperate times call for desperate measures! There are a surprising number on YouTube!

One of my favourites....as always with Duran Duran videos, the video makes no sense at all and just gives yet another opportunity for Simon Le Bon to show just how bad a dancer he was!



Why is it my favourite...more the song than the video....maybe because my first boyfriend dedicated this song to me...for the simple reason that it contains the line:

'Dont say you're easy on me, you're about as easy as a nuclear war'

Apparently, some things don't change!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad dancing? Mr le bon isnt exactly the world's greatest singer either. The songs are catchy enough but i once saw him sing on some live tv show and...it was not unlike a bad karaoke night. hard to believe it was the same person as on the records.

if we must relive the 80s from time to time i find that there are some great bands that have stood the test of time and still quite pleasant to listen to in 2006. The Pretenders come to mind.

And for slightly older but still wonderful stuff, there's always the brilliant joan armatrading.

9:26 am  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

I agree...he isn't the greatest singer...actually when singing live..he can be downright scary! However he looks good and therefore can get away with anything!!!

Joan Armatrading is great...but she doesn't look as good as Simon Le Bon!!!!!

And yes, I am shallow!

11:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home