Thursday, April 20, 2006

Who says I can't concentrate on one subject...

It has come to my attention, through frequent blog reading, that the concept of food on offer is actually almost more of a pull to sex being on offer….case in point. Here Mia has offered up freshly baked cookies, cakes and the like...

I, however, subscribe more to Jerry Hall’s point of view…

"My mother said it was simple to keep a man, you must be a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom. I said I'd hire the other two and take care of the bedroom bit"

Or alternatively there's my philosophy which is just to sleep with the chef...that takes care of two of the issues at any rate!

So, in the interests of research...any takers...?


there was actually another quote I wanted to put in here from Gareth Blackstock (Lenny Henry) from Chef! but I couldn't find it...or remember the exact words...so instead I will leave you with a few of my other favourite quotes...from the greatest TV show about one of the better professions! If you want something said properly...you can always trust a chef!!

Gareth: So please go away... and please re-arrange the contents of this plate so that someone in the latest stages of malnutrition will at least take a passing interest in it.

Gareth: Everton, let me explain things to you. In the world of cooking, I am Einstein. Lucinda is Isaac Newton. And you are a mud-dwelling unicellular bit of jelly with a predilection for consuming its own excrement.
Everton Stonehead: You don't like the way I cook?
Gareth: I feel it's important to be frank.

Gareth: You have as much chance of becoming a top chef as John Major has of becoming a stand-up comedian.

Gareth: "Let me explain the order of things for you. There's the aristocracy, the upper class, middle class, working class, dumb animals, waiters, creeping things, head lice, people who eat packet soup, and then you."

Gareth Blackstock: Now, about the chicken—
Janice (Gareth's long suffering wife): Screw the chicken, Gareth!
Gareth Blackstock: We live in a small community, Janice. People would talk.

Janice: Out?
Gareth Blackstock: Yes, out. You remember out. You go through this door, the temperature drops suddenly and the scenery changes

Gareth Blackstock: The partridge I want is one which has eaten wild food and lived a wild life, has struggled, hoped and dreamed, has sown wild oats, has tasted the bitter disappointment of middle age, and knows what it is to eyeball The Grim Reaper in the watches of the night,; the partridge sunk in the veil of years, with all the flavors of its rich eventful life captured in its texture, it’s juice, its very flesh. I do not want this callow, milk-fed, adolescent, uncouth, undeveloped wodge of protein. I don’t believe in eating virgins!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Worry not, this all nurturing/baking Mia hasn't yet found a man who appreciates her skills enough, in the kitchen or in the bedroom

3:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home