Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The problem with a day off is....coming back to work the next day!

Sunday night at Cafe Havana...is this becoming a habit? In the company of Expat@Large...if you need a theory - conspiracy or otherwise - he's your man! Reading his post about our little soiree did make me smile - we certainly covered a lot of ground in a relatively short space of time! And just for clarity - only one visit to the Hobbit House...and - he should get on with writing his book - Tolstoy or Dahl...it doesn't matter - just write!

Fortunately I learnt from last week's mistake and did not mix my drinks...consequently my day off was not spent in a hangover cloud!

Events of the day...visited the American War Cemetery and Memorial over at Fort Bonifacio...more (much more) on that later.

In the interests of research I visited Market Market!...research and an incredibly empty stomach...by this point it was 3:30pm and I hadn't eaten or (much worse)drunk anything all day....

Then onto PowerPlant (where else?) Books, Movies, Apple Martinis all under one roof..

Movie - In her shoes - excellent - really enjoyed it - just my type of movie, and I thought, better than the book - I have always found Jennifer Weiner's books hard going...

Very brief visit to Fully Booked - only one purchase (how did I manage that!)- D.C. Confidential

Book I read a huge amount of .....Never learn to type - Margaret Joan Anstee, more on that later as well!

And home to tune the telly....not an easy feat, then hang three picture frames - crookedly as it turns out! Now have to work out how to get the 'universal remote' for the telly to work...doesn't seem too universal to me!!

And finally....I think they are going to have to update the dream books for the modern era...I woke up this morning what could be the significance behind a dream which involved me sending an important text message and then discovering I never really sent it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home