Tuesday, July 12, 2005

How to say goodbye to Hong Kong....

As I mentioned in yesterday’s post…saying goodbye was hard…..so hard that as the bus left the DB plaza I started crying…not just little tiny tears (didn’t there used to be a doll called that??!) but big bawling snotty tears…the flight crew on the bus must have been hoping against hope that the blonde nutter at the back was not going to be on their flight!

My farewells to HK started a while back….and below are the highlights that I will carry with me until I move back!


Standing for about 10 minutes at the Pedder Street, Queens Road junction and just watching the lunchtime hordes
Milkshakes at Al's Diner
Lunch at the Mandarin Grill
A few unnecessary rides on the Star Ferry
Drinks at Aqua
A walk around the Peak
Champagne sundowners at Cafe Deco
Breakfast and Dinner at Cafe Lookout on The Peak
Peering down at the city and the harbour from the 55th Floor of the IFC
A bus ride out to Stanley and then back to the Repulse Bay for a drink as the sun sets
Riding the length of the tram from Western to Shau Kei Wan
A day on Po Toi
A wander through Wanchai wet market
Breathing in the incense at the Man Mo Temple on Hollywood Road
A short amble through Cat Street
A DB ferry ride at 2am...watching the lights of HK slowly fade into the distance
Standing in Chater Gardens during a rain storm


for me there is no way to say goodbye to this city and really mean it....it will always be my home and I will always want to return to experience the noise, bustle and sheer variety of experiences available in such a small area....as General MacArthur said on leaving the Philippines..."I shall return"....







2 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

"I shall return" We hope so!

Glad you made it 'there' safely, well apart from the bump on the head that is!

10:43 am  
Anonymous Raphael said...

Wow, there is really much useful info here!
limo service orange county | non emergency medical transportation | best dermatologist in dallas

12:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home