Sunday, July 10, 2005

So this is it.....

My last day in Hong Kong before the turmoil that is Manila which is where I shall rest my head from now on....

I had a lovely day yesterday...spent the day 'tout seule' and just pottered around...managed to get over to the History Museum to see the George Chinnery exhibition...wonderful, the only draw back was the guide taking a tour group around who felt that everyone in the greater Kowloon area would be interested in what he was saying and his voice was raised accordingly. Notwithstanding, the art was wonderful...a lot of sketches and watercolours as well as the better known oil paintings of Macau and Canton. Two things I learnt about Chinnery yesterday...the first was that he really was the most spectacular portrait painter....his attention to detail - particularly clothing fabrics is amazing; the second was that he spent a lot of his life in India and only came to the Far East to escape his debtors in India....lucky for us.

Went out latish last night to get some night shots of Central...unfortunately it started to rain...but I still managed to get a few pictures....
















I have driven past this sign most evenings for the last year or so....it looks like the kind of building I should live in....

So today, up to The Peak for breakfast (is one of my traditions) when ever I leave HK one meal must be up at the Peak...this started way back in '93 when I first came here on holiday to visit my parents! And then to the Inter-con for Brunch...a first for me as I normally work on Sundays!

3 Comments:

Blogger glenzo said...

Keep us posted on your trials and tribulations.

8:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good photos. You seem to like clean, straight lines. Very composed. Very orderly. Looking forward to what you make of Manila, photographically and otherwise.

9:13 pm  
Blogger HKMacs said...

Very nice pictures! Maybe I'll see you in Manila sometime!

11:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home