Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A rather odd 48 hours....

As I sit in my apartment feeling more than a little "out of sorts"....... I am reflecting on the events of the last 48 hours..

Monday night I had a dinner date which was part of my "Playing Poker without Cards" saga....a few tentative hands were played...the stakes were raised.

Tuesday morning...the Poker game was resumed by a surprise visit by my 'opponent'.... bearing flowers...the stakes are raised further....

Tuesday evening...a night out with the girls, highly entertaining until a rather unsuitable SMS was sent to my 'Poker opponent'....note to self...do not allow slightly pissed friends anywhere near my mobile phone ever again! So late on Tuesday evening, there was a flurry of SMSs to try to iron out the damage...the Poker game continued by SMS...a few more hands were played..the stakes were raised again....

And just to confuse the issue...lets introduce another potential 'Poker partner'...he joins in the girls night out...very cute, young (at least younger than me!!), intelligent, well educated and very good company.... and seemed to be most definitely interested....

Interesting choice....go for the sensible, most adult option or throw caution to the winds and just try something 'just for the hell of it'...!!! True to form I went with the most adult thing to do....

So....the possibility of having a Poker partner is out there....my 'opponent' of choice is interested.....

Bloody great timing....nothing for a year...and then three weeks before I leave.....and even worse...no chance of any further games until the end of next week due to work schedules....


As a little aside...to my analogy of "playing poker without cards"....I received this link by e-mail....I must say I had never heard of it until I received the link....and there I was thinking my title was quite clever!!! Reading the link....I must admit to a little confusion and just a little admission of stupidity...

1 Comments:

Blogger Madame Chiang said...

have updated the original link I was sent...many thanks for pointing that out....

8:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home