Saturday, June 18, 2005

Thoughts of the day....

It seems that Spike at Hongkie Town is the subject of conversation du jour...so I am going to add in my hapenny's worth....

I have been reading Hongkie Town for quite some time now...it is a good, honest (brutally so, sometimes) read and has been highly educational...from a political, historical and geographical view (where else would I have learnt about Virus Laden Poo?!) I have a few friends who have led a similar life to Spike's and so nothing really surprises me...although sometimes he can throw out an eye brow raiser...but he sounds like the kind of guy I would like if I met him in real life...

There's a new kid in town (at least temporarily)....I love Hong Kong through the eyes of a new beholder...it makes it all seem so refreshing and amusing! Welcome to our wonderful town, James.

As it is said...you learn a new thing every day...my new thing was learnt at 8:45am...on the Star Ferry...reading my favourite weekend read...the Weekend FT...if you don't read it...you should..even if it is just to drool over the picture of Tyler Brule on the back...(and before anyone tells me...I know, I know....I'm not his type....). Anyway, I digress...the second article I read each weekend is Harry Eyres' Slow Lane - two reasons..one it's always good...and two I can keep Tyler Brule's picture in eye sight...

Today's words of wisdom are about punctuation, he is discussing Lynne Truss' book "Eats Shoots and leaves" and is on the subject of possessive apostrophes...

"One of the things I learnt from Eats was the rule stating that Biblical names should have an extra s added (St. James's) while names from the ancient world should not have (Heroditus' Histories)"
I don't normally comment on showbiz issues and figures...but I have to say that I thought Tom Cruise was acting increasingly oddly...jumping on the furniture on two chat shows did seem incredibly out of character for someone who is normally so reserved about his private life...so I wasn't too surprised to see the news of his engagement to Katie Holmes. Anyway..he is still gorgeous and that sparkly rock is huge!

I can't help wondering how these trousers got stained and if the owner of the Blue Gap Dress didn't ask for costs to cover the dry cleaning...why should this guy? These lawyers do seem to get themselves into e-mail pickles..everyone remembers the highly entertainingNorton Rose e-mail incident!!

And a kiss, makes headline news...!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home