Sunday, June 26, 2005

Musical Memories...

Whilst I was living in Switzerland I was mildly besotted with one of my lecturers...we did become good friends and remain so to this day. However, when we were in Switzerland we were very much partners in crime and many of our outings had musical backgrounds...one of the albums that gave the soundtrack for tearing around the Alps was 'Mike & The Mechanics', two songs in particular have special meaning for this wonderful couple of years....I haven't listened to any of their music for about the last 10 years...but after an e-mail exchange the other day I dug out the album and listened....some great memories, a lot of laughs and a few wry smiles!

There is nothing wrong with me
there's nothing wrong with you
maybe we're just blind to see
each other's point of view.

Nobody knows what we had.

You could do much better,
you could do much worse than me.
I could have walked right out on you
there was nothing stopping me

Nobody knows what we had.

We were running of passion
we were running out of time
there's a face to fit the future
there's a face to fit the crime.
Now the truth is on the table
and the ghost is plain to see
there's nothing wrong with you or me.

I won't live in your world,
you can't live in mine
We don't hate each other darlin'
we just gave up trying.

Nobody knows what we had.

Maybe I'm not crying
maybe I don't mind
But it hurts just knowing
your children won't be mine.

Nobody knows what we had.


Nobody Knows
Mike & The Mechanics


and just a short clip....

It must be hard
being an angel
when the devil in your heart
won't set you free
it must be hard
being an angel
when the world has let you down
imperfection all around....

Nobody's perfect
all of the time
nobody's perfect
we are what we are
there's no perfect reason
and no perfect rhyme
for most of the time
that's what we're looking for.


Nobody's Perfect
Mike & The Mechanics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home