Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Impressed by Impressionism

I went to see the French Impressionist exhibition at the HK art museum. What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon.

I have always loved the Impressionists.

My favourite painting of all time is by a painter who is credited with being one of the first and greatest influences on the Impressionists - Joseph Mallord William Turner.

My favourite of Turner's paintings is The Fighting Temeraire

The Fighting Temeraire

My favourite painting from today's collection was by Claude Monet, entitled "Rue Montorgueil, Paris, Celebration of 30 June 1878

Claude Monet Rue Montorgueil Paris Festival of June 30 1878

A wonderful collection of paintings and I would highly recomment a visit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like....

9:14 am  
Anonymous Jason said...

Really useful info, lots of thanks for your post.
Easter dinner menu | anchor necklace | world current events

7:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home