Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Only in Hong Kong

I have a feeling I will be using that heading a few times........

Don't get me wrong, I love this city that I have been living in for about 10 years. But, one of the things I love is the quirkiness and things that you see, hear and do that people living in London, DC, Sydney etc would never understand.

Last night after I had been shopping for groceries (pre CNY rush!) I came out of Wellcome onto Caine Road and saw the following scene......

A car parked haphazardly across half of the road lane and half of the parking area, a mother dragging her son away from the car shouting "No, No, No" at a level that surely only cats should have been able to hear........they were in hot pursuit by another woman hollering and screaming for them to come back.....

(Meanwhile all the traffic is being held up back down Caine Road and all the drivers are taking this as a God given opportunity to test their horns - just to add to the general cacophony)

As the pursuing woman passed me I noticed she was clutching something in her hand...........Lai See packets.........suddenly everything became clear!

I love this city!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Justin said...

Hey, there's a great deal of helpful information above!
Dartmouth | fake piercings | Avoid the line

5:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home