Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bright eyed and bushy-tailed

The blue-eyed boy is in town for a few days, it being a Monday night and he being a fairly big Freddie Aguilar fan, the final destination of the evening was going to be the Hobbit House (actually this is becoming a fairly regular outing when he's in town!). In need of a quick dinner we headed to Malate, I had an urge to try to Cafe Adriatico, I know, I've been here a year and never been!!

It was a pleasant enough dinner, I was very boring and just had an omelette but it was exactly what was needed, not sure if the Choco-Nut Martini was the ideal accompaniment...but anyway...

The problem came when it was time for dessert, the blue-eyed boy played it safe and had the Chocolate Decadence cake which was excellent, I decided to try something I have long wanted to try but never actually got around to trying - Chocolate Eh, a local hot chocolate drink.

So that's what I ordered, what arrives is a demi tasse of what can only be described as hot, squelchy, very rich and very dark chocolate mousse... it is possible to drink it out the cup but using a teaspoon to scoop it is far better.... I cannot stress enough how good it is...it could become seriously addictive!

However, there is one major drawback. I am not great at sleeping at the best of times...after a cup of what can only be described as pure caffeine, I spent the whole night awake....and not just dozy awake....wide awake....

Now I know why it's usually drunk at breakfast time....

6 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

BUT....... with the blue eyed boy in town I'm sure that had its upside! ~grin~

3:44 pm  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

So did he kiss you on the cheek when you first met? Did you preen for the meeting? ......and did you....what else was it......like shower?

Enquiring minds want to know! :-)

9:47 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Mia: Actually not really, however I did consider a spot of baking but decided it was too antisocial!

Skippy: Nice girls don't kiss and tell! However, yes I showered, but, no I didn't preen...!!! I'm not really a 'preener' (is there such a word??!!!)..I'm more of a 'take me as I am and be damned' sort of a girl!

12:39 pm  
Blogger carlosceldran said...

Wonderful bumping into you and what I assume is the blue eyed boy at the San Agustin Church. Upon sight, I figured it was him.

Strange just how I read this entry the night before I saw you both too.

He seems like a nice chap with his heart in the right place.

12:05 pm  
Blogger Scorpy said...

That's hillarious (sorry)...I had the same thing happen, many years ago, after a very late dinner a friend and I had these amazing chocolate/coffee thingys and it was like downing pure caffiene. I was wide eyed for many hours but tired as hell....:)

6:23 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Carlos: Thank You! You were as entertaining as ever! I had to laugh today when one of my colleagues banged his leg against his desk and said "ouch" really loudly! I had never noticed that before!

Scorpy: Do send me your phone number and next time I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed at 3am I'll give you a bell!!! :)

10:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home