Monday, July 31, 2006

In five days...

I managed to....

- Shop - aka support HKG's economy!
- Catch my breath on the ferry
- Enjoy the Pen, Ritz Carlton, Mortons, LKF...and avoid the Enterprise redecorating Wanchai!
- Laugh a lot with friends
- Became even more the 'smitten kitten'
- Watch planes at CLK
- Enjoy rain as only HKG can produce...!!
- Spend a fair amount of time with the blue-eyed boy
- Enjoy chocolate Martinis at Feather Boa
- Carry out a slightly unusual guided tour for a friend in town taking in...Ladder Street, Man Mo Temple, Museum of Medical Sciences, Cat Street, Western...and the walk around the Peak...
- See the 8pm fireworks at Disney
- Feel fairly homesick whilst spending a few hours in Disco Bay


Not a bad few days...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martinis! Next time try the Strawberry & Chocolate dacquiris!

Scotsman

9:22 pm  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

My list would have included Lan Kwai Fong and Wanchai...Plus hiking some of the trails on HK Island. No doubt with a hangover, but that's what the heat is for...to sweat the booze out of you....so you can go back to Wanchai and do it all over again!

God, I wish I lived in Hong Kong!

10:24 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Scotsman: Noted...will do....but I do love the maltesers in the martinis!

Skippy: I was in LKF...avoided Wanchai as the navy boys were in town....as soon as the navy hits town I retreat up the hill to LKF...I've been doing that for years...and this year I am glad I did! Hiking...not so much time for that...but did manage the hour long saunter around the Peak.... with a longing glance down towards the South side..! Like you, at the moment I wish I lived in Hong Kong!

10:44 pm  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

The Enterprise is homeported in Norfolk. That means they do not get to Hong Kong normally and nowadays they don't even get ports in Europe. So for them, Wanchai must have been like dying and going to heaven. Plus the ships have women on board these days, something that was not true in my cruising days, so lets see: guys, girls, booze......DANGER ! DANGER!

I'm totally bummed because I was supposed to go to HK next week and the trip got canceled yesterday.

3:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home