Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Decisions, decisions...

It looks as if the Trans-Sib is not going to work out... Moscow and St. Petes are still on, so the Russian adventure still stands

However, I now have choices....

A friend of mine is getting married in Calgary in June. I would really like to go the wedding and given my long standing love affair with Canada, any opportunity to visit is welcome...plus I have been promised cowboys and ranchers....now, having just seen Brokeback Mountain one can't be too careful....but still....

SQ now flies to Moscow, so I could combine Russia with a few days in Singapore...I hear the gentle call of Raffles on the wind!

Emirates also flies to Moscow, I could break my trip in Dubai and go over to Oman and possibly Jordan - or just one....

Of course CX flies codeshare to Moscow so HKG could be an option - but it's low on my list of priorities.

I could fly back to London and leave from London for Russia and then back to London for a few days with friends and family and enjoy one of my favourite cities....

Final option would be a RTW ticket....Manila-Singapore-Moscow-London-Canada-Manila - at which point I would arrive in Manila so exhausted I would need another holiday to recover!!

Does anyone else have any other suggestions...?

5 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

I hear there are really nice people in Singapore ~grin~

3:29 pm  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

Go for it! You can sleep when you get back........

4:14 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Indiana, I hadn't heard that rumour...only the one about the nice hotels!!

Skippy-San, unfortunately my employer would not look lightly on me coming back from a three week holiday absolutely shattered!!!

5:10 pm  
Blogger Mia said...

Via Singapore gets my vote, no surprise there then!

9:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a real shame about the Trans-Siberian -- your friend couldn't make it? It's probably not the sort of trip to make on your own though, so perhaps it's best to make alternative plans. Don't give up on the T-S though, I know you would love it. I guess travelling in summer would have been nice in many ways, but don't you want to see snow?! Late October (when we went) was fabulous -- we got a bit of everything.

12:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home