Thursday, December 29, 2005

Choices...

Today I have been given the best news of all...15 days of freedom starting mid-January! Now comes the problem...what shall I do with my time...options so far are:

- obviously Hong Kong - probably over Chinese New Year...
- skiing in Korea or Japan
- a visit to the desert...Dubai, Oman and then over to Jordan
- London - to see the Lawrence of Arabia exhibition..and my family (of course!)
- a very large pile of books and a quiet beach in Thailand
- New Zealand

a quiet few days on a beach in Thailand to catch up on reading sounds ideal...one of the best holidays I ever had was in Sharm, alone with some books - nothing to do, nothing to see..just reading and sleeping...I came back so refreshed and raring to go. However, Lawrence would be a shame to miss and the desert's whispering call is getting louder and louder...

But...as a friend kindly pointed out...Lawrence and the desert will not rest you...Thailand and the biggest pile of books imaginable will...

decisions, decisions....will the huge amount that I was given for Christmas to spend at Amazon.com sway me....possibly....

3 Comments:

Blogger Skippy-san said...

Go skiing in Nagano at Hakuba. Lots of snow early this year, should be good for anyone who loves powder....

Hokkaido is have a pretty good year too.

Then again Phuket and golf always makes a nice holiday...

6:33 am  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

I played golf years ago in a bid to make my fiance's mother like me...he was a scratch golfer and she felt it only fitting that I should play golf...it bored me senseless and as soon as the engagement ring was handed back (the same day I flew to Hong Kong!!) I stopped playing golf!!

6:41 pm  
Anonymous Nicholas said...

So, I do not really imagine this is likely to have success.
average cost for braces | pregnancy announcement ecards | pregnancy announcement poems

10:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home